P-TECH is a new model for secondary education that trades classrooms for “innovation spaces”and offers students group collaboration and hands-on learning. At Northern Borders, students takes the lead role in their learning, choosing pathways to their careers and taking college-level, credit-bearing courses starting their second year.
P-TECH is an early college high school that prepares students for the work place. The 4 to 6 year sequence emphasizes individualized pathways to completion, workplace experiences, mentorship, in-depth project-based learning and real-world experiencee
New York State Pathways in Technology Early College High School grant combined with a local school district tuition is paid as a per pupil fee.
P-Tech students simultaneously earn a Regents level high school diploma and an Associate’s Degree from North Country Community College at no cost to their families.
- P-Tech students:
- Are motivated to learn in new and exciting ways
- Are innovative and creative
- Are interested in applying science, technology, engineering, and math
- Work well in a collaborative team environment
- Thrive in non-traditional classroom setting
- A percentage of each school district’s expense is reimbursed through NYS aid.
- All associated college credit costs, labs, books, etc. are covered for P-TECH students.